KECB sponsors recycling ‘happy hour’ Saturday at Elberton Recycling Center
Keep Elbert County Beautiful (KECB) will be sponsoring a recycling “happy hour” on Saturday, June 4 at the City of Elberton’s Recycling Center on MLK Boulevard.
The event will take place between 8 a.m. and noon.
This is an opportunity to get rid of hard to recycle items.
Items accepted at this event include:
• Batteries - car batteries, rechargeable batteries, and disposable batteries (all sizes).
• Electronics - microwaves, computers, radios, fans, printers, appliances, water heaters, etc.
• Automobile tires - $2 fee per tire. Tractor and large truck tires are $4 each (there is no limit but there should be no commercial sources).
• Televisions and computer monitors - $2 fee required for each unit.
• Toner cartridges for printers will be donated to the Special Olympics through Elbert County Comprhensive High School.
• No paint, chemicals or construction materials will be accepted at this time.
Regularly accepted items include aluminum cans, cardboard, glass, metal, magazines, newpapers, office paper and plastics (No. 1 and No. 2)
For information contact KECB Executive Director Laura Settembrino at email@example.com or call 706-567-0481.